Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Skiing

Parker - Connor - Josh - Hunter - Halle


For some crazy idea (peer pressure), I decided it would be fun to take the girls skiing. I have been skiing 4 or 5 times in my entire life. I am horrible. I don't want my girls to grow up in Utah and not know how to ski, like me. We borrowed gloves and pants from neighbors and headed up the canyon. It snowed the entire time we were there. The road closed an hour after we got there so the resort was pretty empty, perfect for beginners like us.

Halle


Halle and Hunter took lessons. They never went up the ski lift, just the tow rope. I thought that I would be able to get them on the lift and off the lift just fine, boy was I wrong.


Hunter

Hunter was sitting next to me and my neighbor Kailey on the ski lift. As we skiied off the lift chair we looked back and saw Hunter continuing up the mountain on the lift. She couldn't get off the chair so she sat back down on it and kept going up the mountain. She had to ride the lift all the way to the top of the mountain and back down again. It was snowing so hard and the poor thing was frozen by the time she got back down to the bottom of the lift. Her little tears were frozen on her face. Let's just say, she is not a fan of skiing.


After we paid for ski lessons, ski rentals and lift passes, we were out of cash. So, we had to eat poppy seed muffins from Costco in the car because were weren't allowed to bring outside food into the lodge. After spending a lot of money to ski we weren't even allowed to eat in the lodge (whatever). So, we broke Jason's rules and ate muffins in the car.


Kailey and Halle


Thanks to our neighbors Jodie and Kailey we had a successful first time skiing. Halle wants to quit dance and ski every day, and Hunter has no desire to ever ski again.




We have to run the numbers to figure out which one is more expensive DANCING or SKIING!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Poor Hunter! Did you go to Sundance? I'm telling you - if that didn't go so well DO NOT go to other bigger ski resorts. I always feel like such an idiot whilst at the fancy places and I swear you ski even more pathetically... Wow...

Jill Heaps said...

You are such a brave and awesome mom! I love how you are always doing such fun things with your kids! I hope your house is coming along well... I can't wait to see it!! Merry Christmas!