Friday, September 24, 2010

My new job!

Where are the seagulls when you need them. I cannot clean my yard with grasshoppers attacking me. I hate . . . I HATE GRASSHOPPERS!
This is our side yard. Jason helped me tear out our Hollyhocks and Iris's. We filled out trailer with flowers and took them to the dump. Do I feel guilty, YES, do I want to go to the dump and revive them, YES.
I don't want to talk about it.
(check out Jason stretched out on the tramp talking on his phone)
This is one of my pots that I need to tear out. Why can't I tear it out? Let me tell you, there are grasshoppers hiding everywhere in my yard. It is not safe.


This is like Chuck-a-Ramma for grasshoppers. They love it. All you can eat.


YUMM YUMM!


I see you!
I spit on you, you dirty, dirty grasshopper.


Oh, what happened here?
This is what I have been doing with my shovel. I have been averaging around 5 grasshoppers an hour with that shovel. If you would like to hire me I charge a $10.00 per grasshopper.
I hate grasshoppers.

8 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

Ewww - What is up with them this year? We had them too and I swear we've maybe had like three in all the years prior to 2010. Ahhh 2010 - The Summer o' the Grasshoppers. That's what we'll say as we sit in your blue chairs next summer.

brooke said...

I have no sympathy for you. You have a dang nice yard. Ours is gross. I haven't been out there all summer so I wouldn't know if we have grasshoppers. I do like the metaphor of the Chuck-a-rama though.

The Pixton Family said...

I hate them too! We don't have them here, just tons of slugs and snells!

Unknown said...

YOU are so dang funny! I love it! We had a ton of grasshoppers before and I cut them too! Those dang things!

bulkleybunch said...

i hate you! in the i love you so much you are such a nightmare sense of the word hate. :) i agree, grasshoppers suck. maybe if you didn't have such a beautiful buffet they would leave you alone? love ya nerd!

kesli said...

I hope you are earning lots of $$ for all your work. You certainly deserve it.

Jodie Monson said...

It is always nice to have a neighbor who is just SLIGHTLY crazier than you are. It keeps the eyes off you!!!!

I'll meet you tomorrow in the driveway with my shovel and lend a hand. It's the least I can do!

Jodie Monson said...

It is always nice to have a neighbor who is just SLIGHTLY crazier than you are. It keeps the eyes off you!!!!

I'll meet you tomorrow in the driveway with my shovel and lend a hand. It's the least I can do!