I have wanted to paint this sweet fireplace for a couple of years. I recently got a bid from a painter and he told me it would be $400.00 buckaroos! I hate paying someone to do something that I could probably do, so here goes. I went to Four Chairs in Orem and got some advice. She told me I could be done by the end of the day. Wrong! I wanted to go slow and steady. It took me one week.

Jason wasn't a fan of me doing this but when he came home and saw this, he had to start seeing the vision. I was practically crying after this picture was taken. This was after sanding and painting 2 times. I was so mad that I tried to do it. I had ruined the fireplace.

This is the final result. Not to bad! I am pretty happy with the results. Is it perfect? NOPE! But I tried and did something that I had wanted to do for years. I now have to tackle the banister going downstairs. The bid for that was $1300.00. I bet I can do it for cheaper. I better get something good from Santa this year!
6 comments:
Man! Is there anything you cant do!? Seriously!! I'd hire ya!
That looks amazing! I'll pay you 400 bucks to come paint our someday!
Miss you.
It look awesome. I love it!!!
I knew you could do it and it looks fabulous!! You rock BK!!!
You are contemplating working at Home Depot's DIY section, right? Geez, come over and beautify my home any time please.
It looks amazing...by the way, it is way cheaper to get a new bannister than it is to have one painted. We got a new one made at a place in orem, had our cabinet people spray it with lacquer not paint so it doesn't chip, and got the bad boy installed for cheaper than 1300. But I still think you could do it yourself.
Post a Comment