Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I hoard food!

I decided to clean out my pantry. I love organizing and cleaning things out, but this was a little more than I thought. I thought my pantry was pretty clean but man I had a lot of junk in there.

I repainted the shelves. They were worse than I thought. They were dingy and gross!
I am a food hoarder! I painted the back of the shelves gray. I have been wanting to paint something gray, so this was a first step to see if I like it. I like gray but this was a little to dark. O-well.
It isn't that impressive looking but it is super organized. I have a few finishing touches to add but it turned out great.
This looks messy but this is the cleaning container, (old shirts) cleaning towel container and school lunch chips container.
I bought these baskets to group things together. We always need band aids and flashlights at the same time.
I love my school lunch container. Every morning I happily make lunch for my girls. This container has peanut butter, baggies, applesauce, fruit rollups, and a bag of mints. So, when I'm in a hurry I just grab that container and it only takes a few minute to make their lunches.
The End. I need to label that plastic containers that you can see the lids of. I didn't get a picture of them. They have oatmeal, brown sugar, granola, etc. in them.
I have been wanting to get this pantry clean for a few months now, YEAH, I'm done!
Now to conquer Hunter's closet.

6 comments:

The Blairs said...

Ummmm, I might love your pantry. I've been trying to figure out a new way to organize mine and I might copy you...scratch that...I WILL copy you.

Kelli said...

do you have any leftover paint?

Jessica F. said...

Looks amazing! I love the bins. What a great idea.

Jill Heaps said...

You have always been such a great organizer! I am VERY jealous!! Come to my house girl!

The Pixton Family said...

Love it Brandi! Way to go.

brooke said...

I am so jealous. My pantry is disgusting. Like the worst area of my house..I love the gray. It looks amazing.