Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hiking Timp

Every year we hike Timp. We left around 5:00am and hit the saddle around 8:00am. We went with 3 young men in our ward. Let's just say I think I was the least in shape. I almost started to cry 3 different times. It is a long hard hike. If you wondering it is not to the cave it is to the top of the mountain.

This is me acting like I'm not about to die.


This is at the saddle. There is a little skinny trail that goes to the tip top of the mountain. I hate that trail. Last time I humiliated myself by crawling along the side of the mountain.

This is a view from the saddle looking back along the trail. It was very pretty. We've never hike the mountain with snow like this. We had to cross over huge snow drifts a few times.



This is us after reaching the top. I am afraid of heights so I'm a little nervous in this picture. Jason looks like he loves it. I think it reminds him of hunting in the mountains or something like that.

7 comments:

brooke said...

I would have died for sure just getting up that early. Ask Sam about the time he made me do the Hidden Peak Challenge and a guy with a prosthetic leg beat me.

The Pixton Family said...

Looks amazing- Way to go!

Mike "N" Girlz said...

Go Brandy! That is awsome.

Ryan and Amber said...

Are you trying to build your portfolio to become YW Camp Director? Seriously - hide these pics - or you will soon be called - Geez Ms. Mountaineer!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome view! One day(when I am in shape like you!) I will have to go!!! Bryce has been. You two are living it up!:)

Andrea said...

Those pictures are amazing! You are one buff woman!!!

Hema and Becky said...

What a fun tradition. I hiked it once and pretty much never hope to again!