Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm retiring!

Some of you might have heard that I was substituting Hunter's class last Friday. Let's just say that I learned A LOT last week. Here are a few things that I learned.

  1. Teachers do not get paid enough.
  2. Substitute teachers do not get paid enough. I left at 7:30 and returned home at 4:00. I got paid around $40.00. If my calculations are right I just got paid $5.00 an hour. Which isn't even minimum wage. I don't like being gone all day.
  3. I don't like working for someone else. I like being in charge.
  4. I'm not lazy but, seriously that was stressful.
  5. The kids will run you over like a bulldozer if your not prepared and on your game.
  6. I was a deer caught in the headlights of 32, 4th graders.
  7. I like being able to go to the restroom when I darn well feel like it.
  8. I like being able to call someone, anyone, when I darn well feel like it.
  9. I have no idea why I graduated in Secondary Education.
  10. I leaned that there is no better job than staying home and taking care of my sweet little family.
  11. I will never complain about being bored or not talking to any one all day long ever again.
  12. I will grind wheat and make homemade bread every week and not complain about it.
  13. I am very grateful that Jason works hard and wants me to stay home and go to lunch with my friends.

I may have only gotten paid a few dollars but what I learned was priceless.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE (staying at) HOME!

8 comments:

Josh and Laura said...

Ha ha. That is awesome!

Jessica F. said...

I just heard that you were a sub last week... IMPRESSIVE! That would scare me to death.

I loved everything about this post.

PS. COME VISIT!!!

Cami said...

Your such a DORK!!!

clarke fam said...

That is hilarious

The Pixton Family said...

Words of wisdom indeed!

bulkleybunch said...

nerd nerd nerd!!!! you are so funny! love you to death bk!

Persnickety Prints said...

Call me for lunch!

Unknown said...

My gosh you are so dang FUNNY! I love it! It's amazing how quick we realize we are grateful for what we have!