
I love this outfit Halle put on for dance today. I was wanting her to change but figured I should just let her learn her lesson. The older girls at dance LOVED it. They told her over and over how cute it was. She definitely learned her lesson. Or I guess I learned a Fashion Lesson.

I love this stuff. If I could take a bath in this soup I would. The only problem is that is is expensive (for me). I need to learn to make this from scratch, not warm it up in the microwave. This is really putting a strain on the budget. Costco is making a killing off of my addictions. So if anyone out there knows how to make something close to this heavenly indulgence please call me, email me, or just leave some on the door step and run.
11 comments:
I don’t know if this will help your craving or not since I have never personally tried the Costco soup but, comparing its label to the recipe added below I thought that it wouldn’t hurt to try it and see what you think. The only thing this recipe doses not have that the Costco soup has is carrots and seasonings like: paprika, chili pepper, cayenne red peppers, and parsley. I would think that the carrots and seasonings probably would not be that hard to add if you really wanted them. You could add the seasonings to the Cashew Cream Sauce because it freezes well and can be flavored in an almost endless number of ways by varying the herbs and/or spices that you add like curry powder, smoked paprika, Italian herbs. The carrots could be cooked and added when you add the celery, and if you wanted to go a step farther you could take fresh tomatoes cut them and added them to the last 10-15 minutes simmer in the cooking process and with the fresh basil as a garnish I think it would probably tasted really good. Let all of us know what you think if you end up trying it.
Tomato Basil Soup
2 15oz. cans crushed tomatoes
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
2+ cups fresh basil – chopped (save 1 tbsp for garnish)
1 ½ cups cashew cream sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic – chopped
1 yellow onion – chopped
2 celery ribs - chopped
3 quarts water
2 tbsp veggie base (better than bouillon)
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large stockpot heat 2 tbsp olive oil, add your garlic and onion. Cook until the onion begins to sweat. You can now add the celery and 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil. Add your veggie base and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes. Add your crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and your basil. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Bring the pot to a low heat, and with an immersion blender blend the soup together to a very creamy texture. You can now add your cashew cream sauce (Recipe below). Let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Cashew Cream Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
½ cup finely ground cashews
1 cup soy milk
1 cup water
4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Grind the cashews in a food processor until they are powder.
Combine the soy milk, water and nutritional yeast in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, being careful not to let it boil over. Add the salt and pepper. Whisk in the ground cashews. Continue whisking for a minute, until the mixture thickens. Stir in the wine. Taste and adjust seasonings. If the mixture seems too thick, add water or more soy milk.
I'm so excited to try the Costco version. I hate all the sodium in packaged soups but love the convenience and to me, the convenience is worth the price. Accents' soup looks good though--if you have the will, I would give it a try and then drop some off to me.
Love love love that soup!! ( and Halle's outfit)
oooh. i just tried that for the first time this weekend. SO good! i'll have to try the recipe.
Pass on a recipe if you find one as good.
Halle is AdOrAbLe!!!
I have a fresh tomato soup recipe. I will email it to you when I get back in the country. I made it all last fall to use up the tomatoes and basil from my garden.
Kelli
I have a tomato soup recipe that I love, and is super healthy. You can use fresh or canned tomatoes with it. If you want it, give me a call or email me: sarahmcewen@gmail.com and I will send it to you :)
Halle is so dang cute, she an get away with wearing anything! I've never tried the soup - sounds good!
3 medium tomatoes, quartered
1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/3 c. tomato paste (or just one of those little skinny cans)
2 T. fresh cilantro or parsley
2 t. instant chicken bouillon
2 t. lime juice (or lemon)
1 t. sugar
a few dashes of hot pepper sauce.
In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, water, onion, celery, tomato paste, 2 T. cilantro, bouillon, lime juice, sugar, and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until celery and onion are very tender. (just enough time to put together a grilled cheese sandwich) Cool slightly.
Place half of the mixture in a blender. Blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture. Return to pan and heat through or serve chilled.
Love the outfit and thanks for the tip on soup! I am always looking for a good quick meal!
Ha ha love the outfit Halle is wearing!
Post a Comment