Monday, September 7, 2009

Who needs Swiss Days?

The girls are always wanting to have a lemonade stand. I really hate lemonade stands. You feel so bad driving by and not buying any but, what do you do. So I told them if they wanted to sale something that people might actual need or want then it would be O.K. So, we made 50 pop bottle necklaces and 15 flower clips. The girls sat outside for about 15 minutes. No one even drove by. I told them it was the economy. They didn't get it, (neither do I).

Next week my neighbor is having a huge garage sale, maybe we will have to go and sale the jewelery there. Since I just retired from school teaching, we need a second income from somewhere. We have bills you know!

5 comments:

brooke said...

First, I want to buy your wares. That is way better than lemonade. Second, I'm so glad you retired. Working is no good. That's why we have our husbands do it. Enjoy your time to yourself. If you get bored, you just need to do more shopping and eating out.

Leslie said...

HOW CUTE!!! Brinley is ALWAYS wanting to do a lemonade stand....shes lucky if she gets one customer...and thats me!

Ryan and Amber said...

I am laughing out loud at your "Retirement" post.... hilarious! Glad you are back... lunch here we come!

The Pixton Family said...

That is for sure the cutest sales booth ever. If we lived closer we'd have bought tons!

Unknown said...

Shut up! If I would have known I would have been there. Let me know if the sale is back on.

-Keri