Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good by my friend

My treadmill died yesterday. I received this treadmill when I was 15 years old. I have walked many miles on this treadmill. As I was slowing down to go get off my treadmill to go get a donut my treadmill made the worst sound ever. It sounded like the garbage disposal was eating a spoon or something. I almost wanted to cry. I loved this treadmill. We've been through a lot of good times and bad times together.

Whenever I watch the Biggest Loser I have made a rule that I have to be on the treadmill. I feel like Bob or Jillian will come crashing through the doors if I'm not on it. What is going to happen tonight at 7:00pm.

Some fond memories of my treadmill-
-Every time I wanted to speed up or slow down I would have to get off the TM, turn off the TM, and then start it up again. I couldn't change speeds in the middle of a work out.
-I would also get shocked if I put my hand on a certain spot on the hand rails.
-I also couldn't take my hands of the handrails or it would speed up to 10 and would shut off.
-I would make a rule that I could only watch certain T.V. shows while I was on the treadmill.
1. The Biggest Loser
2. 24
3. The Modern Family
4. The Amazing Race
The only way I could watch these shows was if I was working out. It made work out!
I don't know what my parents paid for this TM, but I got a good 20 years of service.
Good by my friend- Hello stretchy pants!
If you have a treadmill and you love it please let me know. I need a new one ASAP!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Excuse me while I go get a tissue...

Leslie said...

So when you did have your hands on the rails would you hear Bob and Jilian saying "HANDS OFF THE RAILS!!!" Thats what I hear them screaming at me all the time. RIP Treadmill. You had a long and interesting life.

Jessica F. said...

I LOVE that you got it when you were 15. That is the sweetest thing ever! I hope you find a new one that you can bond with...

We can't wait to see you guys this weekend. It has been TOO long! We miss you lots.

Ryan and Amber said...

Is there going to be a service held? Perhaps a convoy to DI? :)

Mike "N" Girlz said...

I love this post it made me laugh you are so funny. Feel free to come and bond with mine it needs a friend.

Cami said...

OH good I'm glad it died now you can come to the gym with me:)