Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy B-day Dad!

My dad would have turned 65 years old today. We would be having a BBQ with steaks and baked potatoes. My dad loved a good BBQ.

I was thinking about him last night and a thought popped into my head. I know where Hunter and her cousin Summer get their acting abilities, also known as DRAMA. They have inherited that trait from my dad. If my dad stubbed his toe or hit his knee, he would fall to the ground, holding his leg or knee, and rock back and forth until we threatened to call Life Flight. We would try not to laugh, but it was hard. He was so dramatic.

He once went to the emergency room with a minor cut from his pocket knife. He walked in the ER and no one paid any attention to him so he grabbed his leg and yelled, "I've been stabbed!" Everyone in the ER came running. I think he ended up with a band-aid, but he sure got some attention and fast service.

We miss him a lot! I wish my girls would have been able to spend more time with Papa Kent. The good thing is they get to spend A LOT of time with Grandma Nan. So, were happy about that. I'm wondering what trait they have inherited from Grandma Nan. HHMMMM?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great dad you have!!!

I never knew that about him. I cant even picture him going in saying he got stabbed. That cracks me up!

Happy Birthday Kent!

Kelli said...

I remember some DRAMA...he was mowing the lawn and he twisted his ankle. The lawn mower was on auto pilot or something. He was rolling on the grass holding his ankle and the lawn mower was heading straight for the garden...

brooke said...

I only met your dad once but he was sooo nice to us. I love that he was so dramatic when he got injured because that is exactly how I am!

I wish you and your girls got more time with him. He definatly left this world too soon.

Ryan and Amber said...

Drama? Your Girls? You? I am laughing now because the whole mono story you told me had me cracking up for several days. (I'm sure it wasn't funny for you at the time) But perhaps you were a bit of a Daddy's girl in that respect? :)

Jessica F. said...

I have never heard that ER story about Kent. That is hilarious!

Happy Birthday Kent!

Cami said...

OH What fun memories of your Dad!!! It'll be a great reunion one day:)