Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon

This is Jason and I getting ready for the big marathon.
This is Jason still deciding if he should run the race or not. Jason was super busy at work this past Spring and didn't have time to train. He did get a in a 4 mile run and a 8 mile run down Suncrest. He kept going back and forth, "Yeah, I'm doing, No, I'm not doing" AAAHHH!! He decided around 4:00am the day of the race that he was going to do it.




I trained for 3 months adding a mile a week, D&C 38:30 "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear".

I was freaking out. I was super nervous about the port-a-potties. I knew I could finish I was just nervous about other things going wrong. I was even having nightmares.




This is Jodi, me and Tami before the race. We were supposed to be at the Provo Mall at 3:30am to catch the bus, but I hang with rebels and we had someone drop us off at the starting line around 5:45am. My sister ran the race too and she called me at 4:00am up at the starting line wondering where I was. I told her I was on my way. I was on my way back to bed. I was actually in bed eating a banana.




This is us at the starting line, Jodi, Lisa, me, Tami, Kelli, (she had been there for 2 hours), some guy, and Jason.


We finished the race. Yahoo! We had so much fun. Tami kept making us pass the anyone in front of us, "Hey lets pass that guy in the pink TuTu or hey lets pass the lady that is 7 months pregnant, or hey lets pass that guy in the neon yellow shirt". Tammy has been hanging out with Jillian Michaels way to long. Lisa and I had bigger problems, like which port-a-potty had the smallest line. Lisa and I peed in the bushed, we didn't want to mess up our time by waiting in line at the port-a-potties.


Super fun! Jason finished ahead of me, super annoying. He is paying for it now, he can hardly walk.


4 comments:

Ryan and Amber said...

FOR REAL - I am SO dang impressed! Good goin' ladies of the hood! You are brave little racers!

brooke said...

Congrats !!!! I could never do this. I have a friend who drags my trash out for six miles every sat and I literally can't walk on Sundays.

You were extra smart for being dropped off at the starting line!

Unknown said...

You ladies ROCK! You are hilarious Brandi with the potty situation! I totally know how that goes! :)

Jill Heaps said...

I saw you and Jason running a few weeks ago down the big gully hill and was very impressed! Holy cow a MARATHON!! You ROCK girl!!! I am just glad I can finally get on your blog again... it kept kicking me out for the lost month!
Don't worry, your not a true runner till you go potty in the bushes! WAY TO GO GIRL!!! Lets go for a run sometime!